Sunday, July 14, 2013

Week 4 Movie Poster : The Queen of Night

For this assignment I imagined a movie based on part of the "Magic Flute" story and the opposition between the Queen of Night and the Sorcerer Sarustro. I found a nice portrait on the web from Kalipso studio photo




I cropped it and extended the left part with a black background, transformed it into a 1980x1080 picture and added some blue using duotone to have my base illustration




I then added the text. Two secondary titles are just white over the background. But for the main title I wanted something bolder I used a very thick font with a very big font size and I created the outline of the characters by rasterizing the text, then selecting the characters, contracting the section and using it as a mask to remove the core of the letters. I changed the size of the character, the horizontal and vertical pitch to almost cover 100% of the text area with characters. I positioned the texts to keep the eyes free to give more strength to the composition. Here is the final image.




No comments:

Post a Comment